Metaphysics Course

This blog is a collection of essays and lesson comments from several of the Universal Life Church courses on Metaphysics. We have a Spirit Quest Course and one on A Course In Miracles.

Friday, March 05, 2010

Spirit Quest

My essay is by way of response to the course and how it has affected me for good.

Techniques: I found the various techniques of value, as often programmes do not always address the "how to" component of metaphysics. The Rope as a way to ground myself and let go of unwanted ideas; The centre of my head - sitting in a space ship and seeing the screens before me helped me visualize; Protection Rose - visualizing a Rose and letting negatives flow into it and then destroying them. Later techniques….

These all enabled me to tap into my Intuitive side for spiritual growth. The creative, is one way into the intuitive self.

Teachings: Some concepts really challenged me, among them:

I am a perfect spiritual being on a unique course
Me taking charge of my life instead of my life taking charge of me
Setting goals at other levels than the final one, e.g. to become exposed to simple
Visualization
Your intention drives the force of my being
I am forgiven for EVERYTHING! – after using the forgiveness letter.
Love is what comes around. What "comes around goes around". The energy I'm Created from is eternal. This was brought home when my daughter paid for our accommodation when we visited her in Italy!

I was able from these to get a better sense of myself, as unique, able to grow and change, potentially perfect and forgiven by God, the All. Since then I have been realizing my goals and helping others to set and reach theirs.

My Beliefs – what I call my "operational theology". As a former minister, I thought I had worked my way to what I believed in my heart, what I really operate from. Questioning my decisions and thoughts, Discourse #15 showed me how much they are based in relationships, the way I've been responded to. As I step back and see the people involved, I am thankful for their interest in me without having to accept any longer their values. Example: An elderly couple encouraged me in my Christian faith as a young man. It was a fundamentalist faith. Gradually I moved away, yet inwardly their kindness kept pulling me back to their faith. I have been able to visualize them and my telling them my truth now – which they accepted with love. Life is a complicated game!

How Spirit Communicates was very exciting for me, as I have loved colour and music, worked with it and used colour to communicate to others the aliveness of all things. I had not thought of numbers before. This is communication on the spiritual level, especially when I mix and match things, make connections using colour and music. I'm working on the numbers as a way of communication.

I've learnt that I'm becoming a present time person, putting energy into what I want. Looking to the past, previously, has helped me gain from it. Forgiveness has set me free from having to obey its impulses. Keeping my goals in the present time has progressed using the rose grounding method. I've changed my feelings about myself from bad to perfect – the mantra- : God loves you. You were created in perfection, by perfection, for perfection. Your success is guaranteed - Has enabled this.

Overall I have got freed up to use my energies creatively, to imagine what I want to become – "a fully alive, fully divine man". I watch my words as they are powerful to attract, so that I say more of what I want. In short this course has brought me onto new ground where spring has broken out!

Blessings and Thank you – Amy Long.

Rev. John Simpson

********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials. Many have been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and can attest to its ongoing growth and change.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar


No comments: