Metaphysics Course

This blog is a collection of essays and lesson comments from several of the Universal Life Church courses on Metaphysics. We have a Spirit Quest Course and one on A Course In Miracles.

Friday, March 05, 2010

Wiccan Studies

MASTER OF WICCAN STUDIES

REVEREND KURT FONDRIEST

      In this class I was enabled to reconnect to my ideas of "Earthen
Spirituality". I see magic or spells in the same light I recognize
affirmations.  I don't believe one can cast a spell on me. I do believe
though one can send energy . This energy affects me if I allow it to.
This I thought was very well defined in the course.  The various ways
one can understand "magic".

      I also thought that the step by step personalizing ones altar was
very informative. I carry my altar in many ways. I can see it as a
symbolic reference point and also as actual physical structure. With my
holy place I incorporate all aspects of my life. I have daily objects
amongst ones I see sacred.  I feel this allows an overlap of the
different aspects of my life. My house keys next to my crystals brings
everything on the same awareness.

      This is what I see living a wiccan life as.  There are many many
dimensions to my spiritual side, just as there is to my mental and
physical parts.  The class energized my relationship to nature. It made
me look at this part of my life that needed some spiritual glue.

       As an Artist I feel the act of creating could be considered
casting a spell.  In my work I reflect on my visions and dreams. It a
symbolic crystal ball. My poetry is a form of  a symbolic tarot card
reading. I feel the overall class reflected this way of seeing or
living 'magic' into one daily life.

Reverend Kurt Fondriest


********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials. Many have been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and can attest to its ongoing growth and change.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: