Metaphysics Course

This blog is a collection of essays and lesson comments from several of the Universal Life Church courses on Metaphysics. We have a Spirit Quest Course and one on A Course In Miracles.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Wiccan Studies

Rev. Jason J. Stone
ULC
Master of Wiccan Studies

Things Said and Left Unsaid

I have read many books regarding the path of Wicca and Paganism. Although they all have different authors and different subtopics, they all contain a similar message in them. NEVER STOP LEARNING!! I have been drawn to Paganism because it is so eclectic, I am constantly reading and taking bits and pieces of one form of Paganism and merging it into my beliefs and practices. This course helped me gain yet another aspect of Paganism.

I have read many books about how to be a Pagan, how to worship, how to perform spells, and what tools to use and how to use them. This course is the first place I have read a significant history about Paganism in general and specifically Wicca. I enjoyed reading about the beginnings of Paganism and some of the key individuals that had a hand in the rebirth of Paganism into Neo-Paganism. This section unfortunately left out a very influential person in many people's path to Wicca. To me, and many others, the writings of Scott Cunningham have been a strong guide along the Wiccan path. I think his name should have been mentioned in the history section of this course, although he did not found anything, I feel his writings were instrumental in opening the door to many individuals on the pagan path that wanted to learn about Wicca but did not have the means to obtain the information. Being that I am a solitary Practitioner, I consider two of his books on solitary Wicca especially important.

Another point I wish to address from the course is the "Responsibility" segment in Lesson #2. Growing up in a strict Roman Catholic family household, I have heard many unfortunate events get blamed on the Devil. My whole life I have listened to other people blame THEIR malignant actions or in-actions on a fictitious Character invented to instill fear. If more people would take responsibility for THEIR actions, instead of blaming their downfalls on a made up character, the world would be a much better place. I have read the "responsibility" concept many times in several books, but I have never read it presented as in this course. I thought it was an excellent idea to compare responsibility of our actions with being out on your own with only $400.

The final part of this course that I would like to discuss is the section on Metaphysical Energy. I enjoyed that portion of the course simply because it is nicely presented, and very important. How the sources of energy is broken down and presented really made it easy to comprehend. Most people understand that a person has a certain amount of "spirit" energy, but the elemental energy is overlooked in my experience. It is very important to be aware of your spiritual energy you possess, but it is equally important to be aware of the elemental energy that is out there and ready for your use. Without the use of that elemental power things like Reiki, Crystal or Herbal healing would not be possible.

I would like to close by saying I enjoyed this course and am looking forward to taking another in the near future as I continue on my path.


Blessed Be!


********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials. Many have been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and can attest to its ongoing growth and change.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar


No comments: