Metaphysics Course

This blog is a collection of essays and lesson comments from several of the Universal Life Church courses on Metaphysics. We have a Spirit Quest Course and one on A Course In Miracles.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Psychic Training


This course, so far, is my favorite. Other than I couldn’t wait a week for the next lesson, there was nothing in this course which I didn’t like. The pace seemed slow at first, until I truly practiced the assignments.

Blowing up roses didn’t settle well since flowers are so fleeting in Wyoming, so I substituted that exercise with “taking out the trash”. Instead of creating roses with energy, thoughts or whatever I desired to be rid of, I would imagine full, tied garbage bags being lifted and taken out through the crown chakra, then blown up and taken away by the Wyoming wind, sort of scattering ashes.

One of the many benefits to me from this course was learning to take responsibility for everything that happens in my life; ok maybe not everything which happens, but my reactions and subsequent effect I allow situations to happen in my life. This and learning to direct/reflect energies were at first quite empowering. I changed jobs, was able to negotiate terms of my employment, received all that I wanted in a job.

As with everything, the more personal power one feels, the more attractive one is to those that want to suck it up. I was amazed and overwhelmed how far reaching one’s personal power can go. That old saying “the universe abhors a vacuum” became shockingly apparent as people from all over the state started calling and needing my attention. I had to withdraw into myself for quite some time to learn how to handle the power without abusing it. That might be a lesson in itself for this course, although thankfully, there were plenty of exercises to get me through. Visualization has been one of the greatest tools from this course.

On a more personal note, I was able to change a four year relationship to something more comfortable for me. I was able to admit I should have listened to my instincts and never gotten into this relationship, and didn’t have to blame him. I truly loved the lesson on getting rid of blame, not only my blaming others but being a recipient of blame. We are still friends and I pray he gets his hearts desire, which leads me to another discovery.

Getting my Hearts Desire. Woah…talk about an eye opener. By cleaning out the chakras, asking the right questions, or trying to, I found some ugly desires in my heart. Many were instilled throughout my life by upbringing, society etc., but most was my refusal to let go, to forgive. Forgiveness was one of the earliest lessons in this course, but the hardest for me to accomplish until long into the course.

Something I would like to learn more on is how the weathers affects those on a Spirit Quest. I believe the more one is in tuned with themselves and the Universe the more one is affected by the weather. Personally, the more “trash” I take out, the less acceptable the weather where I live is to me. Well, that’ll be for another day.

Thank you and Blessed Be,

Rev. Linda Spicer

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

No comments: