Metaphysics Course

This blog is a collection of essays and lesson comments from several of the Universal Life Church courses on Metaphysics. We have a Spirit Quest Course and one on A Course In Miracles.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Buddhism Studies

Buddhism Course
Final Essay on Master of Buddhism

Thank your for offering this course on Buddhism. I found it to be very interesting and informative. I learned so many things I was not aware of before the course. I learned about the Guatama Buddha (Siddhartha Guatama) and his life and how he is considered the founder of the Buddhist Religion. Guatama Buddha was a fully enlightened being. The course covers how he was born and brought up and lived and died, technically a Hindu.

This course also covered the differences between Buddhism, Hinduism and many other religions. I also learned a lot about the other religions. Buddhism is one of the oldest religions, predating Christianity. It’s amazing that the Buddhism religion is here today. The first 200 years was only an oral tradition. This was a very in depth class. It had a lot of information from the course text, the Internet and other resources. I read several of the books suggested and enjoyed their information.

One particular area of interest was on Nivana. It is the most misunderstood term in Buddhism. Those in the West recognize the term as Heaven or a Heaven on Earth. The Buddhist describes Nirvana as the ultimate goal and it is reached in the state during enlightenment. Nirvana literally means extinguishing or unbinding; the freedom from whatever binds you. Once these bindings are totally overcome, a state of bliss is achieved and there is no longer the need for the cycle of birth and death. All karmic debts are settled.

I was unaware that there were that many types of Buddhism and meditations. This course will help me in my walk as a minister. I have a better understand of the Buddha and his religion. I can say that I have truly learned form this course and I highly recommend it.

Blessings to you all,

Rev. Nancy Rutledge

**********************

Ordination with the Free Online Ordination button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: