Metaphysics Course

This blog is a collection of essays and lesson comments from several of the Universal Life Church courses on Metaphysics. We have a Spirit Quest Course and one on A Course In Miracles.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Metaphysical Healing

Michael S Barth

            Metaphysical healing is a term and subject that I had heard people mentioned as they past by, but I did not know what metaphysical healing was.  There were some topics in this course that I had never considered in the past to be metaphysical healing such as past life regressions and soul retrieval.  I did enjoy reading about the instructors past in how she ended up being a metaphysical healer in South Africa.  I found it very interesting how metaphysical healers are used there.

            I learned that there is an association in South Africa for metaphysical healers.  I did not know beforehand that such associations existed anywhere.  I also did not know that metaphysical healing dealt with the human energy field.  I did know that humans gave off some type of energy because I could tell sometimes if someone was mad/angry or happy or sad.

            Chakras and auric fibers was something totally new to me.  I did not know that chakras and auric fibers existed or even how many someone had.  While taking this course, I had purchased some Buddhist peace flags and hung them in my bedroom.  During this course, I realized that each flag was a color of a chakra which was an amazing moment since I was just learning about chakra.

            Some of the other things that I learned during this course were how to center yourself before doing the actually healing and asking the person permission to enter into their energy field.  I like how the instructor mentioned that in the West, healers usually get centered by meditating or praying while in the East, healers usually use the beat of a drum.  I did not know that metaphysical healers worked with medical doctors.  I thought metaphysical healers would be competing against medical doctors for business instead of working alongside the doctors.  I did not know before that healing was balancing the energy field between body, mind, and spirit.

            This course also showed taught things I would never have guessed that a healer would have to do to heal.  Things that healers do that surprised me at first is asking a lot of background questions and medical history questions.  Other things like signing waivers was something I did not think about before taking this class.  This class also introduced me to a new way of thinking about how people can use metaphysical healing along with medicine to be healed from ailments that people suffer from.  I think this course was also one of the harder courses I have taken.  I took this course to learn more about metaphysical healing which I did, but after taking this class I learned something about myself and that is I do not think becoming a metaphysical healer is in the near future for me.  This class still was worth taking because I learned new things about metaphysical healing and know a little bit about it now.

********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: