Metaphysics Course

This blog is a collection of essays and lesson comments from several of the Universal Life Church courses on Metaphysics. We have a Spirit Quest Course and one on A Course In Miracles.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Metaphysics

Bryan M. Rice
Doctor of Metaphysics
              UNDOING SEPARATION
           
            I have been a student of the Course in Miracles for more than three years now
and have been influenced by teacher Gary Renard.  This course along with his
method of teaching made the main ideas in The Course in Miracles more clear and
concise to me. The idea that forgiveness is the answer to all problems makes more
sense to me now, after having practiced it and read about it over and over in
repetition. Trying to undo separation in this world has brought about fruition of
unconditional love for others, even those I have detested. 
            Like the course teaches, I have experienced a greater level of inner peace
when I forgive. I see the connection between health and inner peace too.  When I
have identified with the ego and ignored the Holy Spirit, I have been open to the
attacking symptoms of my mental illness. I have observed that when I practice
forgiveness in the "holy instant" where it really counts, I feel mentally and physically
at ease.  I have made great progress in my treatment of Schizo-Affective disorder as 
a direct result of forgiving. I realize that the "hallucinations" of the ego have caused
me to take stock in this world and to see through the comparing eyes of the ego that
has sought to become bigger and better  in all aspects of my life. This has caused a
great schism within me and when in a forgiving state, I have seen how skewed my
perceptions of my self and others can become, sickened in a grave manner. 
            The ideas in this doctor of metaphysics course have helped me to tune in

to the Holy Spirit, not just with a greater clarity, but rather with a greater intensity. 
I see all the separation in my life and in this world as something to be healed, not
ignored or compounded with judgment and punishment.
**********************

Ordination with the Free Online Ordination button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar



No comments: