Metaphysics Course

This blog is a collection of essays and lesson comments from several of the Universal Life Church courses on Metaphysics. We have a Spirit Quest Course and one on A Course In Miracles.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spiritual Development

Dr. of Spiritual Development Course Essay
By Jason Stone

 I sort of have a knack for being in the right place at the right time when it comes to meeting someone in need, spiritually that is. Several of those times although I knew in my heart what I wanted to tell that person, there seemed to be a wall between my heart and my mouth and I just couldn’t seem to find the right words.  This course helped me tremendously find what I was missing.

 This course hit the proverbial nail on the head with the section on Clarity and my personal favorite was the section about the “Power of Now”. The power of now was very insightful to me. Being pagan I have been involved in many different meditation courses, read many different mind quieting books, and done several “shielding” techniques which are really nothing than blocking yourself from all negativity, all frantic thoughts, or one may say finding clarity and finding the power of now.  I work a very stressful job as a Security Officer in a School. Many times I come up on stressful events where I have put myself in the power of now and found clarity without even knowing that is what I was really doing. The power of now is so obviously true. I mean after all you can’t change the past, and you can’t see the future so the only thing you can really address is the present, so why not give every drop of attention you have to it. I very much enjoyed this course. I am looking forward to continuing my education through the ULC. Thank you to all.


Jason Stone


**********************

Ordination with the Free Online Ordination button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: